Trabajo de recuperacion Eight grade


TRABAJO DE RECUPERACION OCTAVO




1. Complete these sentences with the appropriate modals below.
Must         can          could          mustn’t          don’t have to          should         have to

a)      We use ………………..to express ability in the present, possibility, permission and to make requests.
b)      We use ……………………to give advice.
c)      We use …………………….to express ability and possibility in the past.
d)     We use ………………….and …………………..to express obligation.
e)      We use ……………………..to express lack of obligation.
f)       We use …………………………to express prohibition.
2. Choose the correct answer.
a) You can/must/ shouldn’t colour your hair. I like the way it is.
b) It’s 1 o’clock! I must/can/could go home now. My dad will be very angry.
c) Frank can/could/should run 10 kilometres when he was younger.
d) She couldn’t/mustn’t/ can’t do her homework. It’s too much noise.
e) They shouldn’t/can’t/couldn’t arrive at the hotel. They talked about it all the time.
f) We don’t have to/shouldn’t/couldn’t watch the film. We can watch TV.
g) Jenny can/has to/ could apologise to me or I’ll never speak to her again.
3. Complete these sentences with the modals below.
Don’t have to        can        can’t         couldn’t         shouldn’t           must
a)      Before people invented computers they………………………send e-mails.
b)      Dad ……………………go to party tonight?
c)      Oh no! I …………………………leave now. I don0t want to miss the last bus.
d)     Cigarettes are bad for your health. You ……………………..smoke.
e)      It’s Sunday! I ………………………..get up early.
f)       Horses ……………………….fly.
4.Complete these sentences. Use modals. There may be more than a correct answer.
a) My bike is broken. I ……………………………walk to school!
b) It’s secret. You …………………..tell anyone.
c) You look tired. You ………………………..go to bed.
d) My parents let me stay out late. I ……………………..be home early.
e) I haven’t got a key. I ……………………..open the door.
f) We’ve got permission to leave. We ……………………….go now.

5. Find 7 world problems in this word search
N
A
T
U
R
A
L
D
I
S
A
S
T
E
R
P
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
S
L
P
M
O
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T
U
V
S
W
X
O
Y
Z
L
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
E
H
H
I
V
J
K
L
L
M
N
O
P
Q
N
R
S
U
T
E
U
V
W
X
U
Y
Z
A
K
B
C
D
N
E
R
F
G
H
I
J
T
K
C
L
M
N
O
G
P
T
Q
R
S
T
U
V
I
W
X
Y
Z
A
E
B
Y
C
D
E
F
G
S
H
O
I
J
K
L
R
M
N
W
A
R
O
P
Q
R
S
N
T
U
V
W
X
Y
Z
A
B
H
O
M
E
L
E
S
S
N
E
S
S

1.      ……………………………………….
2.      ……………………………………….
3.      ……………………………………….
4.      ………………………………………..
5.      ……………………………………..
6.      ………………………………………..
7.      ………………………………………..
6. What can we do to solve the problems above? Write sentences using the most appropriate modals.
a) ..............................................................................................
b) ..............................................................................................
c) ...............................................................................................
d) ...............................................................................................
f) ..............................................................................................
g) ..............................................................................................


THE FUNNY NOISE

Irregular Verbs in the Past Simple Tense (gap-fill)
1.   Complete the gaps with an irregular verb in the past simple tense. Choose from:
be, break, buy, come, drive, eat, feel, find, get, give, go, have, hear, hold,
know, let, lose, make, put, read, ring, run, say, sleep, take, think, tell, write
Note: you will need to use some verbs more than once:
Dear Oséias
I’m writing to tell you about something that happened yesterday. I__________ up at
the usual time – about 10 am –__________ a shower and__________ breakfast. I
__________ a big bowl of cereal and some toast and watched TV for a while. Then I
__________ into the kitchen where I __________ a funny noise. I __________it
__________ from behind the cooker. I __________ my tool box and moved the cooker
out of the way.
The noise__________ louder but I couldn’t see anything. I__________ my uncle to
ask his advice. He__________ that he__________ it could be a gas leak. When I
__________ this I just panicked! I __________ the phone down, __________
outside,__________ in my car and__________ to the local police station. I
__________ them about my gas leak but the constable __________ his patience with
me. He__________ that I should have phoned the gas company. He__________ his
report, then__________ the gas company for me.
Then I remembered that my house doesn’t have gas – only electricity! I__________ really stupid and__________ that the constable would be angry with me for wasting his time, so I__________ out of the police station while he__________ still on the phone. I__________ home to try to find out what the noise__________. On the way I__________ a newspaper and I__________ about an escaped llama that
__________ out of the city safari park last Wednesday.
When I__________ home I__________ my key in the door, turned it,__________ inside and straight away__________ that funny noise again. I__________ my breath and opened the door slowly. Guess what? I__________ the llama hiding in my cupboard! I__________ him stay and he__________ in my garden last night. The snoring
__________ so loud! This morning I __________ him back to the safari park. They
__________ really pleased to see him again and __________ me a reward of £50!
Hope you are well. Write soon and let me know how you are.

Your friend,
Jason.
2. Fill in all the gaps, with the right form of the verb in brackets.
William Shakespeare (be) born in Stratford-on-Avon on April 23, 1564. He (go) to the local Stratford Grammar School, where he (be) (teach) by Master Walter Roche. Lessons began at six o'clock in the morning in the summer in order to make the most of daylight.

His father
(be) (call) John Shakespeare a Stratford upon Avon glove-maker. He (send) William to the local grammar school in 1571, but when William (be) only 14 years old his fortunes fell so low that William (have) to leave school. Some historians say he (work) in his father's shop.

At the age of 19 William
(to marry) Anne Hathaway the daughter of a rich farmer near Stratford. Three years later Shakespeare (go) to London. How he (live) there we do not know.

In about 1587 he
(become) a member of one of the few theatrical companies which (exist) in those days. Around 1590 he (begin) to try his hand at writing plays. There (be) no female actors in those days, all the female parts (be) (play) by boys. It is thought that he (write) his first major play, Henry VI., Part One, in 1592.

His most famous play, Hamlet,
(be) probably first seen in 1601 at the Globe Theatre. Shakespeare (continue) to write about 2 plays a year.

He
(return) to Stratford in 1612, where he (live) the life of a country gentleman. He (die) of a fever on his birthday in 1616.
3. Glenna’s Dream Book – USE THE RIGHT FORM OF THE VERB TO COMPLETE THE GAPS BELOW.
BE
MAKE
LOOK
SMILE
WORK
FIND
HAVE
MOVE
WANT
TELL
GET
CREATE
DATE
BECOME
FOLLOW
PARK
MARRY
PASS
RECEIVE
SEND
CHOOSE
About eight weeks after she _________ her dream book, Glenna _________ driving down a California freeway. Suddenly a gorgeous red and white Cadillac _________ her. She _________ at the car because it _________ a beautiful car. And the driver _________ at her and _________, and she _________ back. He _________ her for the next fifteen miles. He _________, she _________... and eventually she _________ him.
After their first date, Jim _________ Glenna a dozen roses. They _________ for two years, and every Monday morning she _________ a red rose.
Then she _________ out that Jim _________ a hobby. His hobby _________ collecting diamonds.
They _________ the traditional wedding Glenna _________, and Jim _________ their honeymoon destination – it _________ St John’s Island in the Caribbean. Then they _________ into their beautiful new home.
Glenna didn’t _________ Jim about the dream book for almost a year after they _________ married.
Eight months after she _________ her dream book, Glenna _________ vice-president of human resources in the company where she _________ - it _________ her dream job. This sounds like a fairy tale, but it’s a true story.
ACCORDING TO THE TEXT ABOVE: Mark the sentences TRUE or FALSE. Correct the false ones.
a.   ____ She met her future husband in California.
b.   ____ She met him at work.
c.   ____ He gave her roses every day.
d.   ____ His hobby was collecting diamonds.
e.   ____ They had a traditional wedding.
f.    ____ They went to Hawaii for their honeymoon.
g.   ____ They moved into a new house.
h.   ____ Glenna told Jim about her dream book before they got married.
i.     ____ She left her job.
a.   ________________________________________________
b.   ________________________________________________
c.   ________________________________________________
d.   ________________________________________________
e.   ________________________________________________
f.    ________________________________________________
g.   ________________________________________________
h.   ________________________________________________
i.     ________________________________________________
Write a short letter to your best friend talking about the last time you went on holiday.
·         When did you go?
·         Where did you go?
·         Who did you go with?
·         How did you travel?
·         Where did you stay?
·         How long did you stay?
·         What did you do there?
·         Did you enjoy it?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 PRESENT PERFECT
Fill in with for, since, just, already, yet
1.- My son went to the supermarket but he  hasn’t come back …….
2.- Leonard has ……….. made his bed but he hasn’t called his girlfriend …….
3.- Miriam has lived in Morocco ……………… she was ten years old.
4.- We have ………….. met the new teacher at the high school.
5.- The waiter has ………. brought me some coffee and biscuits.
6.-Have they visited London ………? No, they haven’t …………. gone there.
7.-That man has ............ come late again. His boss is very angry with him.
8.-Has the girl lived in France ……….. five years? Yes, she arrived five years ago.
9.-The plane has flown ………. twelve hours.
10.-The businessman has worked in the same office ……… he was twenty-five years old.
11.-There has been many accidents on this road ………… last year.
12.-John has performed the same play ……….. a long time.
13.- The woman hasn’t sold her car ………., but she wants to sell it.
14.- I have known my boyfriend ……………….. we were at primary school



WRITE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS IN PRESENT PERFECT USING THESE WORDS
1.- How long/you/be/ in Africa?  …………………………………………………………………………………………
2.- I /be/ there/three years.  …………………………………………………………………………………………….
3.- How long/ he/ live/ in Berlin?  …………………………………………………………………………………….
4.- He / live/there/ 2002   ………………………………………………………………………………………………..
5.- How long /she/ wear/ that coat?  ……………………………………………………………………………..
6.-She/ wear/it/ last winter.  …………………………………………………………………………………………….
7.-Where/ you/be/ today?   ……………………………………………………………………………………………….
8.- I /be/ at the hospital     ………………………………………………………………………………………………..
9.- How long/ the detective/ look/ for the man?   …………………………………………
    …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
10.- He/ look/ for him two months.   …………………………………………………………………………………
11.-Why /she/take/my money?  ………………………………………………………………………………………..
12.- She / travel/ round the world /for four years …………………………………………………….
13.- Where /you/ put/ my keys?  ……………………………………………………………………………………
14.- She /move/to a new house /in the country ………………………………………………………….
15.- How long/your friend/study/ German?  …………………………………………………………………
16.- She/study/German /1999 ………………………………………………………………………………………..
17.- you/play/golf/ ever?       …………………………………………………………………………..
18.- The documentary /already/ finish ………………………………………………………………………….
19.-My teacher/not/explain/ that lesson/yet ……………………………………………………………..
20.- Kevin /give/ his mother/ a nice present 

Comentarios

  1. Wow! Its a nice blog and your all contents are very nice, I enjoyed to read it.
    Here I am going to tell you about why should we read philosophy?
    Here is the post link, if you are free you can read this most important article.
    https://bit.ly/2TbUJpP

    Here is my blog link with a large collection of English Model Test for your examination.
    https://themodeltest.blogspot.com/

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you very much for sharing your blogs entries with mine. I know if we get together can make people learn great things for their future

      Eliminar
    2. I little late but thanks for sharing and stopping by....i`m going to visit youur blogs

      Eliminar
  2. we provide Stock tips in all segments of the stock market ,,,

    ResponderEliminar

  3. This site is helping for every person and easily get money through the bitcoin ATM card. Please visit this site for bitcoin atm card ranking. you can change any money into another currency in anywhere in the world

    ResponderEliminar
  4. This is most creative and fast bitcoin conversion website with 100% trust flow and 5 star feedback. Yes, this is one of the top website in the world. You can withdraw, exchange, sell or buy any kind of digital currency without any fee. Visit this website now.
    withdraw bitcoin from blockchain
    Thank You

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por un administrador del blog.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Here you will find permanent seo solutions to your web project, You can save cost to find more customers online with organic search engine marketing techniques.

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Here you will find permanent seo solutions to your web project, You can save cost to find more customers online with organic search engine marketing techniques.

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por un administrador del blog.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

8th GRADE SEPTEMBER 24

PHRASAL VERBS ACTIVITIES - 8TH GRADE