SIXTH GRADE STUDENTS: 6C AND 6D...JUNE 2019



6TH GRADE - ADJECTIVES - MAY 11





PERSONALITY
Match the adjectives with the images

messy / lazy / clumsy / shy / cheerful / grumpy / absent-minded / loud rude /hardworking / touchy / selfish/ talkative / friendly /easy-going / quiet

....................................... ....................................... ....................................... ....................................... EXERCISE 2
 Find and write the opposites.
lazy  generous  tidy  polite  quiet  sociable 

EXERCISE 3
 Fill in the gaps. Use the adjectives from exercise 1 .
 1. Anne is constantly on the phone. She's so……………………
2. Still in bed at lunch-time! Come on! Get up! You …………….boy.
3. Don't forget to take your passport ! You're so ………………………………….............
 4. Don't just think of yourself, that's so..................................................
5. I love Anna ! She makes friends very easily, she's very…………………………
 6. Tom is a great guy but he doesn't speak much, he's rather………………

EXERCISE 4

 Work out the opposites of the following words by separating prefix and radical.

unhappy-impatient-dishonest-untidy-impolite unfriendly-irresponsible-intolerant-disorganized
VISIT THE FOLLOWING LINK AND PRACTICE THE ACTIVITIES:
https://learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/es/node/14084
https://learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/es/node/18930
http://learnenglishteens.britishcouncil.org/vocabulary/beginner-vocabulary/daily-routine
Hello,

My name is Bart Simpson and I’m going to tell you all about me.  I’m 10 years old and I live in a small town called Springfield in the U.S.A with my parents, my two sisters: Lisa and Maggie and my cat “Snowball”. I go to Springfield Elementary school and I’m on the 4th year. I must say that I’m not a very big fan of school because I don’t like studying. What I really like is skateboarding and I do it all the time.  I also like reading comics and playing baseball with my friends.
Every day I get up at seven o’ clock and I take a quick shower. Then, at twenty past seven, I get dressed and at twenty to eight I have breakfast: cereals, a glass of milk and two pieces of toast. After having breakfast, I go to school in the school bus. My first lesson starts at eight o’ clock. I have classes until midday. Then I have lunch at the school canteen with my friends. After having lunch, I have classes until four o’ clock and I arrive home around a quarter past four. From half past four until six o’ clock I usually do my homework. After that I go skateboarding with my friends until half past seven. At eight o’ clock, I have dinner with my friends and around half past nine I go to bed.
What about you? Tell me about your daily routine!

Best wishes,

Bart Simpson

A.  Read the text carefully and say if these sentences are true ( T ) or false ( F ). Correct the false ones.
 
1.     Bart lives in the U.K. ________
2.    He doesn’t like school. _______
3.    Bart has a dog called “Snowball”.________
4.    He has classes until one o’ clock. ________
 
1._____________________________________________________________________________
2.____________________________________________________________________________
3.____________________________________________________________________________
4.____________________________________________________________________________
 
 
B.  Answer the following questions.
 
1.     What time does Bart get up?
______________________________________________________________________________
2.    What does he do at twenty past seven?
______________________________________________________________________________
3.    Does he have breakfast at school?
______________________________________________________________________________
4.    What does he have for breakfast?
______________________________________________________________________________
5.    When does he do his homework?
______________________________________________________________________________
6.    What time does he go to bed?
______________________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
C.   Fill in the blanks with the verb to be.
 
1.     Bart ______ a ten-year-old boy that lives in Springfield.
2.    Lisa and Maggie _______ Bart’s sisters.
3.    Marge Simpson _______ Bart’s mother.
4.    Bart has a cat. It ______ called “Snowball”.
5.    Skateboarding ________ his favourite hobby.
 
 
D.   Replace the words in bold by the correct personal pronoun.
 
1.     Bart rides his bike on weekends. __________________________________________________
2.    Lisa and Maggie have breakfast at home everyday. ____________________________________
3.    “Snowball” is Bart’s dog. _________________________________________________________

4.    Bart’s mother cooks very well. ____________________________________________________


Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

8th GRADE SEPTEMBER 24

PHRASAL VERBS ACTIVITIES - 8TH GRADE

Trabajo de recuperacion Eight grade